There is a thrill that the spring season brings with it; the prospect of new life, longer days filled with more sunlight, and the ushering in of warmer weather! Spring is also the ideal time to purge your home of the germs that may have accumulated over the long winter season. At Clean Away Maids, we have put together a list of tips and tricks to aid in the daunting quest of spring cleaning. With a little organization and motivation, spring cleaning does not have to be so dreadful. Come along with us as we explore ways to make the task a simpler and more enjoyable one!
- Brainstorm areas to clean and create a list:
- Think through commonly used areas in your home and write it down. Organize this list according to rooms.
- For this step, it is important to remember the neglected areas of your home, as well. Spring cleaning is a time for you to deep clean and freshen up your home — this includes the tedious chores that may have been neglected during the colder months.
- Recruit help:
- If you have little ones at home with you, you can instill good habits for them by including your children in the cleaning process. Not only would it create a teachable moment, but you are likely to make lasting memories by partnering with your kiddos in completing the chores. It goes without saying, though, to monitor your children should you be using cleaning products with harsh chemicals.
Keep It Simple
- Maintain fair expectations: it is not realistic that you should finish your entire cleaning list in one day. In fact, having this expectation may add to the anxiety of spring cleaning. Rather, break down your chores into practical steps.
- Do not attempt your cleaning list in one go.
- Make a list of the top three items you would like completed that day.
- Work from room to room to remain as organized and thorough as possible.
- After you have created a game plan, it is time to get started! Your next step would be to gather supplies and ensure you have what you need to get the job done right.
- We would recommend starting with what you consider to be the worst chores. Not only will those dreaded chores be out of the way, but it also allows you to look forward to the simpler tasks.
- While you are at it, be sure to declutter! Decluttering benefits you in the following ways:
- It forces you to decide what is actually important to you. It will prompt you to consider why you have certain items and whether or not you actually need them
- It gives you more space. Decluttering can result in more physical space, leading to the potential of opening up a room or creating more storage space.
- It can make you a little money. Rather than throwing away decluttered items, you can sell those items to make yourself a little money.
What is life without fun?! Cleaning does not have to be boring or dreadful, and like all things in life, it is what you make it! Here are a few ideas to inspire you to make your cleaning journey a fun one:
- Listen to a podcast/audiobook
- Make it a game:
- Use your imagination! If you are cleaning with a significant other, make it a race. Cleaning alone? Set a timer and beat the clock.
- Create a playlist:
- Music can spark even the tiniest of inspiration to keep you working toward the next task.
- Since spring cleaning takes place in the comfort of your own home, feel free to burst into song or dance around the house!
- Reward Yourself:
- Celebrate your accomplishments, even the small ones. Kick back and relax by watching a movie, go out to dinner, or have an ice cream dessert! Whatever that may be for you and your family, take time to recognize all the hard work you have done.
If All Else Fails
In the end, spring cleaning does take some time and commitment. If you find yourself restricted on time or simply do not have the means to get started, you can rely on the professional cleaning services of Clean Away Maids in the Hillsborough and Greensboro areas! Whatever your circumstances, we are committed to providing you with professional cleaning services to achieve the refreshing home you deserve this spring season. Reach out to us today to receive a free estimate!